Powered by Blogger.

Ink & Share Blog Hop - Masculine...


Good afternoon from sunny Norfolk in the UK.  We have been experiencing a heatwave here in the UK for the last month, we are not really prepared for it in this country!  I am not complaining but if it rains I shall be doing a dance in the garden!!!

Today I am taking part in the Ink & Share July Blog Hop which has a theme of 'Masculine'.  I know that my customers struggle for ideas for men and I share their struggles to an extent but when Stampin' Up! come up with some amazing stamp sets with men in mind, it makes the job so much easier.  I have chosen to highlight the stamp set High Tide today.  I love the detail in this stamp set and how you can create a work of art relatively simply with all the elements at your fingertips.

Here is my card...


 I started by cutting a base card in Basic Gray to measure 14cm x 14cm.  I cut a layer of Real Red cardstock to measure 12.5cm x 12.5cm and a layer of Whisper White to measure 12cm x 12cm.

Taking the Whisper White panel, I masked the horizon and using a sponge brayer, sponged the top part in Pool Party ink.  I then masked the horizon again and sponged the bottom part lightly in Soft Suede ink.  I removed the masks and stamped the birds in Basic Gray ink, the dune in Soft Suede and the grass in Old Olive.

I then stamped the lighthouse using Basic Gray and Real Red ink and fussy cut it out and used Stampin' Dimensionals to stick it to my card front.

I wrapped some linen thread around the bottom section of the panel before tying on a tag greeting taken from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set.


I then decided to make the card a pop up card.  I cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to measure 13.5cm x 13.5cm.  I cut the pop up area to measure 5cm depth and in 3cm from each side.  I removed a section of the pop up panel to create a window.

I sponged the background in exactly the same way as the front of the card but I also created a small panel to measure 11cm x 11cm and folded it in half.  Once sponged this was inserted into the centre of the card base so it shows through the window when the card is complete.

Finally, I repeatedly stamped the Happy Birthday Greeting before gluing the insert into my card base at just the top and bottom of the pop up panel so it moves easily when the card is opened.



I hope you have enjoyed my project and I will now pass you on to Ginger who I am sure has an amazing project for you today.  You can see the Roll Call below should you get lost along the way.

If you have seen anything you would like to purchase please contact your local Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, if you do not have a local demonstrator I would be happy to help.

There are just a few days left of two amazing offers from Stampin' Up! 

You can receive a free pack of selected Designer Series Paper when you purchase three qualifying packs.

https://www2.stampinup.com/ecweb/products/50020/buy-3-get-1-free-dsp-sale?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=slider1&utm_campaign=customerhome

Or, why not join my team for just £99 you will receive £130 worth of products of your choice, a starter pack and you get to select a Color Family set of ink pads worth £70.  That's £200 worth of products for just £99!!!  Contact me if you would like some more details or click on the link below.

https://www.stampinup.com/en-gb/join#Contentplaceholder1_C025_Col01&utm_source=customer&utm_medium=slider2&utm_campaign=customerhome

Happy Stampin'


Jo
x

http://www.stampingthecape.com/blog/2018/07/ink-share-blog-hop-masculine.html


Ink & Share July Roll Call
Jo Blackman - you are here


10 comments

  1. Gorgeous card! It's looks just like here on Cape Cod - Sister Cities??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Jo and I love the pop up inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the grey and red combination and what a great surprise when you open it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card Jo! Thanks so much for participating in this month's blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card design. I love the colors and how realistic the lighthouse scene looks. What a wonderful surprise to find inside. :)

    ReplyDelete