Powered by Blogger.

Convention - Part 1

Hi all

I have just returned from a fantastic weekend at the Stampin' Up! Annual Convention in sunny Brussels, and when I say sunny I mean sunny, we had the most fantastic weather it was more like the middle of August not October.

I have so much to share with you from the weekend so I shall break it down into small chunks this week.

I set off from Downham Market last Thursday with four local demos at stupid o'clock for our trip, first to Kings Cross and then on to Brussels.  The trip went very smoothly and we arrived at the hotel at lunchtime.  We then left our luggage at the hotel and set off to find the venue.  Inevitably we walked the wrong way and it took us ages to find it but once found, it was a mere five minute walk away!

We had a bite to eat and checked into the hotel followed by a quick freshen up before attending at the venue to sign in and attend an optional class we had signed up for.

We received our goody bag at sign in which included a couple of stamp sets, a name tag, the bag itself, make and takes, a pen, the programme for the weekend and our prize patrol wristband.

 
 
 
The lovely bag tag was made by Laura as part of my roomie gift, I loved it and it looked great on the Real Red bag.  The bag is great for my IPad.
 
Before we ventured to our first session, we exchanged team gifts (I am an adopted party!) and here is what I made for my roomie Laura.  It was an acrylic canister filled with smellies (and a few chocolates of course!), I based all my gifts around the All Is Calm Speciality DSP which is by far my favourite so far.
 
 
And a close up of the top.  I made the flowers using a combination of the rose die and the scallop circle punches.

 

I then received this lovely little set from my roomie Laura.
 
 
And here is what was inside, I especially love the tissue pouch.

 
We each received a sweet bracelet from the lovely Tracy.
 
 
A cracker from Sandra.
 
 
And here is what was inside.
 
 
We each received a really useful Washi Tape holder from the second Tracy (it gets very confusing!).  It is difficult to see from the picture but there is a tube inside which holds the tapes in place.
 
 
Finally, Laura gave us all these lovely decorated notebooks for us to take notes over the weekend, of course none of us used them over the weekend, they are far too nice to have been squashed into our bags.
 
 
Here are all the gifts together, what a lucky girl.
 



 
I think you have all probably had enough for today, tomorrow I will share with you the gifts I made for the ladies which stupidly I forgot to photograph so am waiting on the pictures so I can fill you all in.
 
Jo
x



No comments